City Red Cross of Skopje, supported by the association of graphic designers „Plakart“ and City of Skopje as a party of the project “Red Cross school clubs for education and prevention” supported by City of Skopje, announce
International prize-winning competition on the topic:
SMILE 🙂 „Everywhere 4 everyone“
On World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day and throughout 2018, we will celebrate the strength and reach of our global network, and the contribution of our staff and around 14 million volunteers through the theme “Everywhere for everyone”.
This year we aim to broaden the public’s understanding of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement by highlighting the diversity of our work and the universality of our approach. We’ll be using a simple call to action to share one of the most universal symbols – a smile. A smile is a universal sign of happiness, comfort, satisfaction. For a volunteer, it means a job well done. For someone affected by crisis, it can mean someone is ready and willing to help. We want to harness the power of this symbol to celebrate the dedication and impact of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, and their volunteers and staff. Our aim is to highlight how the Movement is addressing humanitarian challenges through original, innovative and unusual approaches. Focusing on community-led action and impact, we will share the positive stories of change and hope with the call to action “share what makes you smile”.
For purpose of promotion of the work of the Red Cross and promotion of positive changes in the community, the City Red Cross of Skopje, supported by the association of graphic designers „Plakart“ and City of Skopje announces prize-winning competition on the topic: SMILE 🙂 „Everywhere 4 everyone“
The Competition will be open in the period of April 1 – May 1, 2018.
The Competition is targeted for high-school students and students at faculties / academies / colleges of art and design registered in an educational institution as well as all other professional designers regardless of their age. Each participant may apply with maximum three posters.
Group applications are not allowed.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- The poster need to promote the topic of SMILE 🙂 „Everywhere 4 everyone“
- The submitted poster must be in the format 500 х 700 mm with resolution of 150 dpi in CMYK profile in PDF or JPG format. The files need to be smaller than 25 MB and need to be sent on the following e-mail: email@example.com before May 1, 2018 (00:00).
- All used fonts need to be vector-based or raster-based.
- The selection of the best design will be done by a 3 (three) member commission comprised of representatives of the Red Cross, the City of Skopje and the Association of Graphic Designers „Plakart“.
- It is not allowed to use designs/materials without copyrights.
The organizers reserve the right to use the submitted visual ideas for presentation and media purposes and for reproduction for promotional purposes in frames of international promotional activities and campaigns.
The authors will hand over all submitted designs to the City Red Cross of Skopje which can be used in future only by the Red for campaigns and/or activities for promotion and organizing volunteer activities.
City Red Cross of Skopje / Association of Graphic Designers „Plakart“ / City of Skopje
Latest posts by Skopje Poster (see all)
- 13. Skopje Poster Festival Joining Global Design Movement on COVID-19 - 11 November 2020
- Finalist of the “Include, Not Exclude” European Student Competition - 25 June 2019
- Celebration of Winners of the European poster competition“Inclusion, Not Exclusion” with Humanitarian Creative Event - 11 June 2019