Plakart – Graphic Designers from Macedonia has partnered with SUND Festival from Belgrade, Serbia for the organization of 7. edition of this student event.
7. SUND Festival took place at DKSK – Dom Kulture Studentski Grad in the capitol of Serbia from 19th until 22nd of May. The official opening was announced with impresive performance of the Ineks Circus, which combines street theatre acts, dance theater and contemporary circus events.
The exhibition of the100 finalist posters from 8. Skopje poster competition on the issue “Enabled For Disabled” where exhibited as an off-festival show. Along with this exhibition a group exhibition of works of design, fine and applied arts has been showcased.
The next day started with the workshop on designing posters for the 9. Skopjeposter student competition “Identity in Crisis” lead by Slavimir Stojanović . This two-day workshop has been divided in 4 sessions. At the starting sessions Slavimir has presented his personal and his studio work for many commercial and non-commercial clients (like Gorenje, Red Bird Winery, but also for cultural projects, institutions etc.). After the presentation second session took place and was used as a meeting opportunity of the participants and for sketching ideas for the posters.
At the second day sessions all participants has had the chance to present their ideas after which they worked on designing of the posters. At the final session students and designers had a chance to present their posters and to discuss their idea, execution and final results with Slavimir Stojanović.
All posters created at this workshop were exhibited at the SUND Festival but will also take part and will be showcased at the 9. Skopje Poster Festival from 20 until 30 of November 2016.
7. SUND Festival closure was marked by Kombinart performance – informal group of art activists from Sabac, Serbia. Other attractive program events has included Kvaka Theatre specialized in non-verbal shows and performances including paintings, graphics and sculpture and Poezin – project that focuses on producing slam poetry.
Latest posts by Skopje Poster (see all)
- 13. Skopje Poster Festival Joining Global Design Movement on COVID-19 - 11 November 2020
- Finalist of the “Include, Not Exclude” European Student Competition - 25 June 2019
- Celebration of Winners of the European poster competition“Inclusion, Not Exclusion” with Humanitarian Creative Event - 11 June 2019